Thursday, May 5, 2011

Curried Quinoa

I'm always looking for new ways to spice up salads and find different ways to make quinoa... SO!!! When we went up to No Cal, Jake and I ate at this really cute cafe. It was called "Cafe Del Soul" and we had this curry salad it had all organic ingredients and free range chicken. We had it before our hike and felt very energized. So I was inspired and made my own with a little twist on it. They made it with brown rice where I changed it up with quinoa! Jake gobbled it up which is always a good sign!



What's in it?
1C of quinoa - a super food grain with protein, it has the essential amino acids that make it an unusual complete protein.
2C of fresh spinach - has loads of vitamins and rich in antioxidants
1/4C of our favorite curry sauce (yellow Thai curry from TJ)
1/4C of craisins
1C of chicken (you can substitute with tofu or leave it out)
and a handful of shaved almonds - good for protein and brain power!

This is fairly easy to make you just have to cook the chicken and the quinoa, chop the spinach and mix it all together. I made it within 20 min. So it's fast, easy, healthy, and yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment